Thursday, July 25, 2013

Art from an upcycled linen ...and a little on how I did it



I've had a pretty but ill fitting linen jacket that I got at a thrift store for a while. Last week I decided to cut it up and see what I could make with. These are two textile assemblage pieces made from the one jacket. In case you want to try this yourself, I used gesso to stiffen the linen and prime it for painting. Then I painted the pieces how I wanted them and used mod podge to stick the burlap strings down inside the jacket pockets (flower pot). When I got everything how I wanted it, I glued down to a piece of thin wood. The funnest part of this project was cutting up the jacket and figuring out how I wanted to use the pieces and of course knowing that it's beautiful linen didn't go to waste!

No comments: